By Parveen Kumar CBE BSc MD DM (HC) FRCP FRCP(Edin), Michael L Clark MD FRCP
• What factors high blood pressure in young ones?
• Is it universal for epileptic sufferers to have post-ictal vomiting? if that is so, how usually does this take place?
• Why is the occurrence of parkinsonism much less universal in people who smoke?
• what's the position of urine exam in diabetic keep an eye on?
Where do you switch to in case you have a tough clinical query that wishes answering?
The ‘Ask the writer’ on-line characteristic from the best-selling textbook Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine has accumulated a wealth of questions and reviews without delay from clinical scholars and medical professionals approximately themes which are of specific curiosity or trouble to them.
Kumar and Clark have introduced jointly over one thousand of the questions they've been requested besides their solutions. it's going to entice the various lovers of Kumar & Clark, from first-year scholars to training medical professionals, and may offer an invaluable and fascinating sounding board to assist be sure top practice.
This distinct booklet gives you a brief and simple approach to detect the solutions in your personal clinical questions…!
- The writing type is beautiful and conversational, designed to entertain in addition to instruct.
- Carries the ‘Kumar & Clark’ stamp of authority.
- All questions absolutely listed for ease of reference.
- Covers subject matters which are simply misunderstood in medication - solid practise for clinical scholars, senior residence officers/interns and experts in training/residents getting ready for written or oral exams.
Read Online or Download 1000 Questions and Answers from Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine PDF
Similar professional books
A case-based e-book geared up by way of the head 10 universal court cases of sufferers offering to emergency departments. This process permits the reader to benefit the pathophysiology of the main illnesses, and examine every one case in a manner that extra heavily approximates the medical perform of drugs; no longer realizing which organ method is broken or compromised prior to analyzing the sufferer.
Middle medical circumstances publications you to consider the sufferer as a complete, instead of as a chain of unconnected indicators. With its useful strategy strongly associated with underlying concept, the sequence integrates your wisdom with the realities of dealing with medical difficulties, and gives a foundation for constructing problem-solving talents.
This strong examine software includes:4-color flashcards in laminated five x 7 formatPictures or vignettes with questions about one part, with solutions at the backCrucial details for making right diagnosesThe most often obvious diagnoses that seem at the USMLE Steps 2 and 3 examsAdditional on-line Author Podcast
No matter if you personal an iPad, iPad Air or iPad mini, the recent quantity of The iPad booklet is the best spouse. it's going to advisor you thru the entire built in apps, exploring the main uncomplicated services and the extra complicated beneficial properties in easy-to-follow tutorials. We actually have a whole advisor to iOS eight, Apples most modern working method.
- Mémo-guide de biologie et de physiologie humaines
- Flirt coach : how to flirt for friendship, love and professional success
- Med-Surg Success: A Course Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking, Second Edition (Davis's Q&A Series)
- First Aid USMLE Step 2 CK Cases
- Intuitive Predictions and Professional Forecasts. Cognitive Processes and Social Consequences
Additional resources for 1000 Questions and Answers from Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine
Answer 13 Neither drug is recommended in pregnancy, but ranitidine is probably safe. No drug should be used in pregnancy unless absolutely essential. Answer 14 Yes; the inhibition of gastric mucosal cyclo-oxygenase (COX) activity is a systemic effect. Answer 15 A patient with a bleeding peptic ulcer, which is usually due to Helicobacter pylori, should have eradication therapy. In the case of a bleeding ulcer, eradication must be checked with a 13C urea breath test or a stool antigen test. When eradication has been shown to be successful, it 41 6 Gastrointestinal disease is safe to use low-dose aspirin.
G. herpes viral infections). Rectal spread occurs in gonococcal infection and can produce ulcers. The answer is to take samples for cultures and biopsies for histological diagnosis. Answer 47 A lateral internal sphincterotomy is the best surgical procedure. This is the advice of the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) in its Medical Position Statement 2002. 1). Take a very careful history because most patients of this age with IBS will have a preceding history of IBS. Simple blood tests and a follow-up of the patient are also very helpful in the diagnosis.
Under ‘bleeding’ you mention that ‘Persistent bleeding can often be arrested by undertaking an “instant” barium enema, which acts to plug the offending diverticulum’. When I mentioned this to my consultant he said he had never heard of this. Could you clarify how this would work and where I could obtain more information? Question 39 In children with abdominal pain and fever, does a white cell count help establish a diagnosis of appendicitis? Question 40 I have always been taught that ulcerative colitis only affects the large bowel with some associated proctitis.